MI Adjusting acquired our sister company, Dispute Mediation Services in 2010. DMS is devoted to the cost effective resolution of commercial and civil disputes.
Mediation is a non-adversarial, voluntary and confidential process of resolving disputes in which an unbiased third party (the Mediator) assists those involved in the dispute to find a mutually acceptable resolution without the need for litigation and or having to attend Court.
What are the advantages of mediation?
- Cost effective – Can cost significantly less than litigation;
- Non-confrontational atmosphere – Avoids Court, which can often be intimidating;
- More Control – The disputing parties ultimately decide how a case may be settled. It is always within their control;
- Confidential – Mediation is entirely confidential, unlike Court Proceedings which have the potential to attract publicity. Privacy from the media, competitors and others is assured;
- Easy and quick to arrange – Can be arranged promptly and often at short notice. Mediation is much quicker than litigation;
- More focus on feelings and fairness – Courts tend to concentrate on legal rights, wrongs and duties, whereas mediation acknowledge feelings and the parties’ needs;
- Encourages future co-operation between parties – Mediation improves communication, can bring about consensus and can restore/help re-build relations;
- Win/Win Situation – There are no losers because the solution is mutually agreed and cost-effective.
In so many cases, the best time to mediate is before the litigation begins. It is not a sign of weakness to suggest mediation, it is the hallmark of commonsense. Mediation is a perfectly proper adjunct to litigation. The process and results that can be achieved are astonishingly good and cost effective.
Please feel free to download our pdf brochure below
Dispute Mediation Brochure.pdf
For further information, visit our website: www.disputemediationservices.co.uk or contact:-
Martin Mathieson, Director – Tel 01423 533904